Effective this morning I have accepted an offer from ValueCentric, LLC in Orchard Park, NY (a suburb of Buffalo), to take a position as a Quality Assurance Specialist. I am slated to start August 9 pending some formalities and paperwork, drug tests, credit check, that sort of thing.
I figure the intervening time will be spent figuring out how much of the ridiculous crap I have stored up around the house will actually be coming with me to the apartment I've picked out: piles and piles of books, clothes, furniture I didn't know mom and dad had saved for me, etc. The apartment, incidentally, is approximately three feet from the office so I very likely will be walking or biking to work every day, which was one of my stated goals all along.
The work itself seems to be very similar to what I've been doing for the past nine months i.e. manual software testing. ValueCentric is in an entirely different business so the particulars are different, as is the style of testing on the whole, but I should be plenty prepared and have no questions at all about my ability to actually do the job.
Also:
HOLY FRICK I ACTUALLY GOT A JOB
**********************
but she has faith in me
and so i go on trying faithfully
and who knows, maybe on some special night
if my song is right
i will find a way
while she waits
previous: shut up and smile, bowling for soup
3 comments:
Congratulation again, sir.
You already have an apartment picked out? That was quick... When'd you do that?
that's what happens when your dad is obsessively overprepared -- he already started looking while i was still in buffalo for the interview itself and had a couple nearby places noted. when i came back saying all went well, he started calling to find out what was available and got a spot reserved. we filled out the paperwork last night and mailed it in this afternoon.
part of me feels like i should have taken care of it all myself, but most of me feels like not having to do legwork is just dandy.
Holy crap. Well, I hope you like the place! You'll have to let me know where it is.
Post a Comment